As the July 24 deadline for HHS funding rapidly approaches, Non-Medicaid dentists with Tax Identification Numbers are encouraged to apply. Clinicians who are Medicaid and CHIP participants are eligible to apply for HHS funding until Aug 3. Those who are eligible will receive 2% of their reported annual revenue.
Dental Providers must meet the following criteria to apply for HHS funding:
- Must not have received payment from the initial $50 billion Medicare-focused general distribution.
- Must not have received payment from the $15 billion Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program distribution.
- Must have filed a federal income tax return for fiscal years 2017, 2018 or 2019 or be an entity exempt from the requirement to file a federal income tax return and have no beneficial owner that is required to file a federal income tax return (for example, a state-owned hospital or health care clinic).
- Must have provided patient dental care after Jan. 31.
- Must not have permanently ceased providing patient dental care directly or indirectly through included subsidiaries. However, dental offices that shut down during the pandemic are eligible.
- If the applicant is an individual, have gross receipts or sales from providing patient dental care reported on Form 1040, Schedule C, Line 1, excluding income reported on a W-2 as a statutory employee.
For questions, applicants are encouraged to contact the helpline at 866-569-3522.